I’ve been tagged by Peter [Pela68] to do the following:
- Post the rules for the meme at the beginning of your post.
- This meme consists of the blogger listing eight random facts/habits about themselves.
- People who are tagged in this post are to write their own post listing their own eight random items and list the rules.
- At the end of the post/meme, list the folks you are tagging and leave them notice of such in their comments.
Peter being a good friend, I’m obeying just this once – but for the reason given in my first item, I won’t be tagging anyone else.
- Being an instinctive draft-dodger, I prefer to volunteer for this kind of task, rather than being nominated.
- I find chronic illness, and all the restrictions it imposes on mobility, as well as low energy levels, very boring and, on occasion, depressing.
- I blog for therapy, and find the contact with internet friends worldwide a comforting reassurance that there’s still a world “out there” and intelligent people to talk with.
- As I grow older, memories become increasingly important and recalling better times and places, and people I have known and sometimes loved, is even more pleasurable than reading and listening to music. Blogging about some of these events is enjoyable too.
- I have a very soft spot for anticant’s burrow, and for my stalwart supporters ben and the beadle, who keep the place up to scratch for the entertainment of our regular and occasional visitors in the Snug.
- Looking forward to, and planning for, my too-rare holidays in
Italyor the Iberian peninsulabreaks the monotony of invalidism and frequent hospital visits.
- I still enjoy good food and decent wine, thank goodness.
- My life would be unliveable - and indeed would have ended long ago - without my wonderful Civil Partner of 47 years and our adorable cat, Tiggy.